Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses
June 2015, ©2015, Wiley-Blackwell
Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses is a highly practical reference covering all aspects of caring for canine and feline surgical patients.
- Covers all tasks associated with small animal surgical patient care, from the initial exam and beyond discharge
- Offers clear descriptions of common surgical assisting procedures and their etiology
- Presents 285 full-color clinical photographs to demonstrate common surgical instruments and assisting procedures and patient care
- Includes chapters on the history and physical examination, pre-operative planning, asepsis, surgical assisting, procedures, wound management, postoperative care, and aftercare
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers and the figures from the book in PowerPoint
About the companion website xi
1 History and physical examination 1
2 Preoperative planning 11
3 Asepsis and infection control 28
4 Surgical assistant and circulating nurse 95
5 Surgical procedures 124
6 Wound management 160
7 Postoperative care 171
8 Aftercare and home care 192
Gerianne Holzman, CVT, VTS (Dentistry), is the Orthopaedic and Renal Transplant Coordinator at the University of Wisconsin Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
Teri Raffel, CVT, VTS (Surgery), is the laboratory coordinator for the veterinary technician program at Madison Area Technical College in Madison, Wisconsin, USA.
“Surgical Patient Care for Veterinary Technicians and Nursesis a reference intended for veterinary technicians primarily involved with surgical patient care, but is also a good resource for veterinary technician students or entry level veterinary technicians. . . Overall, this book is a good reference for anyone seeking to refresh their surgical knowledge.” (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 15 December 2015)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.