Foundations of College Chemistry, 15th edition
December 2015, ©2016
This text is an unbound, three hole punched version.
Used by over 750,000 students, Foundations of College Chemistry, Binder Ready Version, 15th Edition is praised for its accuracy, clear no-nonsense approach, and direct writing style. Foundations’ direct and straightforward explanations focus on problem solving making it the most dependable text on the market. Its comprehensive scope, proven track record, outstanding in-text examples and problem sets, were all designed to provide instructors with a solid text while not overwhelming students in a difficult course.
Foundations fits into the prep/intro chemistry courses which often include a wide mix of students from science majors not yet ready for general chemistry, allied health students in their 1st semester of a GOB sequence, science education students (for elementary school teachers), to the occasional liberal arts student fulfilling a science requirement. Foundations was specifically designed to meet this wide array of needs.
1. An Introduction to Chemistry
2. Standards for Measurement
3. Elements and Compounds
4. Properties of Matter
5. Early Atomic Theory and Structure
6. Nomenclature of Inorganic Compounds
7. Quantitative Composition of Compounds
8. Chemical Equations
9. Calculations from Chemical Equations
10. Modern Atomic Theory and the Periodic Table
11. Chemical Bonds: The Formation of Compounds from Atoms
12. The Gaseous State of Matter
15. Acids, Bases, and Salts
16. Chemical Equilibrium
18. Nuclear Chemistry
19. Introduction to Organic Chemistry (ONLINE ONLY)
20. Introduction to Biochemistry (ONLINE ONLY)
As class sizes growand more and more students arrive at different starting points and learn at different pacesthe challenge to create an optimal learning experience increases. So how can you make sure you are reaching each student?WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. WileyPLUS is packed with interactive study tools and resources–including the complete online textbook–to give your students more value for their money. With WileyPLUS, students will be provided with unique study strategies, tools, and support based on learning styles for success in Organic Chemistry. WileyPLUS hallmarks, such as Reaction Explorer, remain alongside brand-new course updates
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.