Fundamentals of Biochemistry with Solutions Manual, Enhanced eText, 5th Edition
February 2016, ©2016
Voet, Voet and Pratt’s Fundamentals of Biochemistry, 5th Edition addresses the enormous advances in biochemistry, particularly in the areas of structural biology and Bioinformatics, by providing a solid biochemical foundation that is rooted in chemistry to prepare students for the scientific challenges of the future. While continuing in its tradition of presenting complete and balanced coverage that is clearly written and relevant to human health and disease, Fundamentals of Biochemistry, 5e includes new pedagogy and enhanced visuals that provide a pathway for student learning.
Guide to Media Resource
PART I INTRODUCTION
1 Introduction to the Chemistry of Life 1
2 Water 23
PART II BIOMOLECULES
3 Nucleotides, Nucleic Acids, and Genetic Information 42
4 Amino Acids 80
5 Proteins: Primary Structure 97
6 Proteins: Three-Dimensional Structure 131
7 Protein Function: Myoglobin and Hemoglobin, Muscle Contraction, and Antibodies 180
8 Carbohydrates 221
9 Lipids and Biological Membranes 245
10 Membrane Transport 293
PART III ENZYMES
11 Enzymatic Catalysis 322
12 Enzyme Kinetics, Inhibition, and Control 361
13 Biochemical Signaling 402
PART IV METABOLISM
14 Introduction to Metabolism 442
15 Glucose Catabolism 478
16 Glycogen Metabolism and Gluconeogenesis 523
17 Citric Acid Cycle 558
18 Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation 588
19 Photosynthesis: Can be found at www.wiley.com/college/voet and in WileyPLUS Learning Space
20 Lipid Metabolism 664
21 Amino Acid Metabolism 718
22 Mammalian Fuel Metabolism: Integration and Regulation 773
PART V GENE EXPRESSION AND REPLICATION
23 Nucleotide Metabolism 802
24 Nucleic Acid Structure 831
25 DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination 879
26 Transcription and RNA Processing 938
27 Protein Synthesis 982
28 Regulation of Gene Expression 1033
Solutions: Can be found at www.wiley.com/college/voet and in WileyPLUS Learning Space Glossary G-1
WileyPLUS Learning Space for Fundamentals of Biochemistry 5e includes:
- Guided Tours: Students need to visualize processes and recognize the “big picture”. Embedded Guided Toursintegrate visualizations, tutorials and practice around key concepts.
- Sample calculation videos: Students come to the course with different levels of math skills. These embedded videos, created by Charlotte Pratt, provide sample calculations and step by step walkthroughs for key equations.
- Animated process diagrams: Important processes can be stepped through at students’ pace
- New set of brief Bioinformatics Exercises: short, assessable, and content-specific bioinformatics exercises serve as virtual hands-on assignments that illuminate the connections between theory and applied biochemistry, thereby stimulating student interest and proficiency in the subject.
WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way for students to learn, collaborate, and grow. With WileyPLUS Learning Space, students create a personalized study plan, assess progress along the way, and make deeper connections as they interact with the course material and each other. Through a combination of dynamic course materials and visual reports, this collaborative learning environment gives you and your students’ immediate insight into strengths and problem areas in order to focus their time on the weaker areas.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.