Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, 12th Edition
May 2016, ©2016
The 12th Edition of Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, Binder Ready Version, 12th Edition helps students understand and remember concepts through a straightforward and conversational writing style and a wealth of examples to clarify ideas and build interest. The authors provide a strong foundation of essential elements of Human Resource Management as well as a clear understanding of how Human Resource Management links with business strategy. Through practical applications, the authors illustrate the importance of employees on every level of the organization, helping students understand HRM elements such as recruitment, training, motivation, retention, safety, the legal environment, and how they support successful business strategies.
Part 1 UNDERSTANDING HRM
01 The Dynamic Environment of HRM 1
02 Functions and Strategy 26
Part 2 THE LEGAL AND ETHICAL CONTEXT OF HRM
03 Equal Employment Opportunity 50
04 Employee Rights and Discipline 82
Part 3 STAFFING THE ORGANIZATION
05 Human Resource Planning and Job Analysis 106
06 Recruiting 127
07 Foundations of Selection 147
Part 4 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
08 Onboarding, Training, and Developing Employees 172
09 Managing Careers 195
10 Establishing the Performance Management System 211
Part 5 TOTAL REWARDS
11 Establishing Rewards and Pay Plans 239
12 Employee Benefits 263
Part 6 SAFETY AND LABOR RELATIONS
13 Managing Health and Safety Risks 285
14 Understanding Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining 306
Company Index 356
Subject Index 358
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.