Fundamentals of Canine Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology
November 2015, ©2015, Wiley-Blackwell
Fundamentals of Canine Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology introduces the fundamentals of veterinary neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, demonstrating structure and function as it relates to clinical applications with a highly visual approach.
- Offers a straightforward yet comprehensive introduction to structure and function of the nervous system
- Demonstrates the relevance of the basic principles to the clinical setting
- Illustrates concepts using line drawings, photographs, micrographs, and MRIs
- Includes access to a companion website with review questions and answers and the figures from the book at www.wiley.com/go/uemura/neuroanatomy
About the Companion Website viii
1 Developmental Anatomy 1
2 Structure and Function of Neurons and Neuroglia 11
3 Anatomy of the Canine Brain 38
4 Meninges and Ventricular System 85
5 Spinal Cord 99
6 Spinal Reflexes 120
7 Somatosensory System 128
8 Viscerosensory System 156
9 Brain Stem 167
10 Midbrain 178
11 Pons 189
12 Medulla Oblongata 201
13 Reticular Formation 237
14 Thalamus 246
15 Cerebrum 252
16 Motor System 257
17 Cerebellum 288
18 Vestibular System 307
19 Auditory System 329
20 Visual System 347
21 Hypothalamus 372
22 Autonomic Nervous System 383
Self-Evaluation Answers 410
Etsuro E. Uemura, DVM, MS, PhD, is a Professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at the College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA.
“This excellent and scientifically detailed book is a much-needed introduction for first year veterinarians.” (Doody’s, 8 January 2015)
"The book is reasonably priced and will be a good addition to the libraries of both general practitioners and veterinary students. I definitely recommend this book for students or clinicians who desire more knowledge of the anatomy and pathophysiology of the canine nervous system." (Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 15 June 2016)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.