Exploring Management, 5th Edition
October 2015, ©2016
Exploring Management supports teaching and learning of core management concepts by presenting material in a straight-forward, conversational style with a strong emphasis on application. With a focus on currency, high-interest examples and pedagogy that encourages critical thinking and personal reflection, this text is the perfect balance between what students need and what instructors want.
Managers and Management
1 Managers and the Management Process: Everyone becomes a manager someday.
2 Ethics and Social Responsibility: Character doesn’t stay home when we go to work.
Planning and Controlling
3 Managers as Decision Makers: There is no substitute for a good decision.
4 Plans and Planning Techniques: Get there faster with objectives.
5 Controls and Control Systems: What gets measured happens.
6 Strategy and Strategic Management: Insight and hard work deliver results.
7 Organization Structure and Design: It’s all about working together.
8 Organizational Cultures, Innovation, and Change: Adaptability and values set the tone.
9 Human Resource Management: Nurturing turns potential into performance.
10 Leadership: A leader lives in each of us.
11 Individual Behavior: There’s beauty in individual differences.
12 Motivation: Respect unlocks human potential.
13 Teams and Teamwork: Two heads really can be better than one.
14 Communication: Listening is the key to understanding.
15 Diversity and Global Cultures: There are new faces in the neighborhood.
16 Globalization and International Business: Going global isn’t just for travelers.
17 Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Taking risks can make dreams come true.
Skill-Building Portfolio SB-1
Cases for Critical Thinking C-1
Online Module: Management Learning
• WileyPLUS Learning Space: A new teaching and learning system developed by Wiley, WileyPLUS Learning Space embraces and leverages concepts of collaborative learning. Students can communicate with each other at the point of learning and the typical course management features integrate seamlessly.
• Flip the Classroom: The flipping the classroom guide (and content in WPLS) enables instructors to easily use the text and WPLS in flipping their classroom for Principles of Management.
• Chapter 2 Online: Chapter 2 on Management Learning is now available as an online chapter, which enhances accessibility by focusing students on the most important concepts.
• Updates: We’ve updated Ethics Check, Facts to Consider, Hot Topics, Quick Cases and all other cases in the text. This will provide students with fresh examples for learning.
• Author Lecture Videos: Created by new co-author Daniel Bachrach of the University of Alabama, these short video clips reinforce key concepts from each learning objective and are integrated into the e-text throughout WPLS. They aid in flipping the classroom in both a traditional or hybrid course.
• ORION Adaptive Practice - This adaptive, personalized learning experience delivers easy-to-use analytics so you can see exactly where your students excel and where they need help. Available within WileyPLUS Learning Space
Integrated Study Guide: one-page checkpoints at the end of each section provide a quick review and opportunity for self-assessment.
Applied Pedagogy: features like skill builders, active learning activities and team projects give students frequent opportunities to apply management concepts.
Experiential Exercises: class activities offered throughout the text provide opportunities for discussion and debate.
Skill-Building Portfolio: This section includes self-assessments, class exercises and team projects, which correspond to every chapter in the text (with teaching notes in the Instructor s Manual).
WileyPLUS Learning Space: WileyPLUS Learning Space provides instructors and students a dynamic learning environment in which to interact at the point of learning. Both students and instructors can utilize the system or bring in outside resources to aid in learning. Offering instructors a new methodology for engaging and assessing their students and/or flipping the classroom, this new system also allows students to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.