Basic Guide to Dental Procedures 2e
July 2015, ©2015, Wiley-Blackwell
Basic Guide to Dental Procedures, Second Edition provides an essential introduction to the core preventative and restorative treatments routinely carried out in the modern dental practice. Written as a guide for the whole dental team, ‘before and after’ colour photographs enable the reader to understand and explain the procedures to their patient with confidence. Each section is clearly structured to cover the reasoning behind the treatment described, the relevant dental background, the basics of how each procedure is carried out and any necessary aftercare information.
Key features include:
- Colour photographs throughout combined with concise text to highlight the crucial points of each procedure
- Suitable for the whole dental team, from office support staff to the dentist explaining procedures to a patient
- Thoroughly updated and revised in line with the substantial changes to the role and professional obligations of the dental nurse, including a new chapter detailing extended duties
- The new images of tray set-ups means it is an ideal companion for trainee dental nurses studying for the NEBDN OSCE exam
How to use this book vii
1 Preventive techniques 1
2 Oral hygiene instruction 6
3 Scaling and polishing 18
4 Diagnostic techniques 27
5 Tooth restoration with fillings 37
6 Tooth restoration with crowns, bridges, veneers or inlays 46
7 Tooth restoration with endodontic techniques 59
8 Tooth extraction 68
9 Tooth replacement with dentures 75
10 Tooth replacement with implants 85
11 Tooth alignment with orthodontic appliances 91
12 Tooth whitening 103
13 Extended duties of the dental nurse 110
Assessment sheet 154
Glossary of terms 157
Carole Hollins is a dental practitioner and member of the British Dental Association. She is a member of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners and a former Chairman of the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses. Previous Chairman of both the National Certificate Committee and the Qualifications Council, Carole has been involved in the training and examining of dental nurses for over twenty years.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.