Munson, Young and Okiishi's Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, 8th Edition
September 2016, ©2016
Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanic, 8th Edition offers comprehensive topical coverage, with varied examples and problems, application of visual component of fluid mechanics, and strong focus on effective learning. The text enables the gradual development of confidence in problem solving. The authors have designed their presentation to enable the gradual development of reader confidence in problem solving. Each important concept is introduced in easy-to-understand terms before more complicated examples are discussed. Continuing this book's tradition of extensive real-world applications, the 8th edition includes more Fluid in the News case study boxes in each chapter, new problem types, an increased number of real-world photos, and additional videos to augment the text material and help generate student interest in the topic. Example problems have been updated and numerous new photographs, figures, and graphs have been included. In addition, there are more videos designed to aid and enhance comprehension, support visualization skill building and engage students more deeply with the material and concepts.
Chapter 2: Fluid Statics
Chapter 3: Elementary Fluid DynamicsThe Bernoulli Equation
Chapter 4: Fluid Kinematics
Chapter 5: Finite Control Volume Analysis
Chapter 6: Differential Analysis of Fluid Flow
Chapter 7: Dimensional Analysis, Similitude, and Modeling
Chapter 8: Viscous Flow in Pipes
Chapter 9: Flow over Immersed Bodies
Chapter 10: Open-Channel Flow
Chapter 11: Compressible Flow
Chapter 12: Turbomachines
Self-Contained Material that had been removed from the text and provided only on-line has been brought back into the text. Most notable are Section 5.4 on the second law of thermodynamics and useful energy loss and Appendix E containing units conversion factors.
Compressible Flow Chapter 11 on compressible flow has been extensively reorganized and a limited amount of new material added. All have special emphasis on engineering applications of the material. Example solutions employ tabulated compressible flow functions as well as graphs.
Appendices Compressible flow function tables have been added to Appendix D. A new extensive set of units conversion factors in a useful and compact format appears in Appendix E.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Provides a description of many of the challenges and practices that characterize widely-used CFD codes. The aim is twofold: to show how reasonably complex flows can be computed and to foster a healthy skepticism in the non-specialist. This material is presented in an expanded Appendix A.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.