How to Manage Your GP Practice
December 2011, ©2012, BMJ Books
- How to Manage Your GP Practice is written for GPs and other health professionals running their own practices.
- It tells you in simple, engaging style what the pitfalls are and how to avoid them.
- It illustrates the good and bad ways of negotiating through management issues, using case examples and lightening the messages with witty cartoons.
Written by a GP with over 10 years' experience editing a leading GP magazine, and an accountant whose firm advises over 2500 GPs, the information here is sound, relevant and up to date. It provides reliable and reassuring information for doctors starting out in their careers as well as those looking to refresh their management skills.
Chapter 1: The business as an organism, 1
Chapter 2: The challenge that is staff, 17
Chapter 3: Basic practice accounting, 37
Chapter 4: Budgeting, 73
Chapter 5: Choosing the right operational model for the practice, 81
Chapter 6: Business growth, 87
Chapter 7: Planning for the exit, 99
Chapter 8: Ten questions answered, 113
Chapter 9: Thou shalt . . . thou shalt not!, 125
Appendix 1: Useful contacts, 127
Appendix 2: Full set of practice accounts, 129
Laurence Slavin, Chartered Accountant at Ramsay Brown and Partners and financial columnist for GP and Medeconomics magazines, London, UK
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource technologies e-book software.
- With Wiley E-Texts you can access your e-book how and where you want to study: Online, Download and Mobile.
- Wiley e-texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with the Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley e-texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.