Endoscopy for the Veterinary Technician
November 2015, ©2016, Wiley-Blackwell
Endoscopy for the Veterinary Technician is a comprehensive resource for the proper care and handling of endoscopes and accompanying instrumentation for a variety of procedures.
- An inclusive reference on the proper care and handling of endoscopes and instrumentation
- Provides step-by-step details on a variety of endoscopic procedures, highlighting patient preparation, needed equipment, anesthesia, post-procedure care, and complications
- Offers numerous color images to help identify equipment and provide a visual guide to procedures
- Includes specific technician tips throughout the text
List of contributors, vii
1 Endoscopy equipment, 1
2 Endoscope care and cleaning, 15
3 Anesthesia considerations for the endoscopy patient, 33
4 Upper gastrointestinal tract endoscopy, 63
5 Lower gastrointestinal tract endoscopy, 83
6 Upper airway endoscopy, 95
7 Lower airway endoscopy, 107
8 Urogenital endoscopy, 121
9 Laparoscopy and thoracoscopy, 137
10 Arthroscopy, 179
11 The ultimate endoscopy suite, 199
Susan Cox, RVT, VTS (SAIM) is a Small Animal Internal Medicine technician at the William R. Pritchard Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine at University of California, Davis. She is also a charter member of the Academy of Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians.
“Although the book is aimed at nurses, veterinary students would certainly benefit from its practical approach.” (Vet Nurses Today, 1 January 2016)
Endoscopy for the Veterinary Technician fills an important void in the literature and covers all aspects of veterinary endoscopy, both flexible and rigid, from the standpoint of veterinary technicians. (JAVMA, 15 March 2016)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.