Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology: For Nursing and Healthcare Students, 2nd Edition
May 2016, ©2016, Wiley-Blackwell
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Healthcare Students is a succinct but complete overview of the structure and function of the human body, with clinical applications throughout. Designed specifically for nursing and healthcare students, the new edition of this best-selling textbook provides a user-friendly, straightforward, jargon-free introduction to the subject.
- Clinical considerations and scenarios throughout showing how the material can be applied to daily practice
- Featuring over 300 superb full colour illustrations
- Now includes a boxed feature throughout on medicines management; providing information concerning a variety of medicines used in the care and management of people that are related to the body system of the chapter
- The ‘Conditions’ feature within each chapter provides you with a list of disorders that are associated with the topics discussed, helping relate theory to practice
- Each chapter includes learning outcomes, test your knowledge, scenarios, activities and summaries.
- Includes a list of prefixes and suffixes, as well as normal values, and a glossary of terms
- Supported by enhanced online resources with fantastic extras for both lecturers and students, including an image bank, online glossary, flashcards, interactive multiple choice questions, examples of patient notes, and more
This edition is now supported by an accompanying study guide to facilitate the learning and revision of the content within this book: ‘Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology Workbook: A Study Guide for Nurses and Healthcare Students’
Prefixes, suffixes xxvii
How to use your textbook xli
About the companion website xlii
Chapter 1 Basic scientific principles of physiology 1
Peter S Vickers
Chapter 2 Cells, cellular compartments, transport systems, fluid movement between compartments 29
Chapter 3 Genetics 61
Peter S Vickers
Chapter 4 Tissue 95
Chapter 5 The skeletal system 121
Chapter 6 The muscular system 153
Janet G Migliozzi
Chapter 7 Circulatory system 185
Chapter 8 The cardiac system 223
Chapter 9 The digestive system 257
Chapter 10 The renal system 299
Chapter 11 The respiratory system 333
Chapter 12 The reproductive systems 371
Chapter 13 The nervous system 403
Louise McErlean and Janet G Migliozzi
Chapter 14 The senses 439
Chapter 15 The endocrine system 479
Chapter 16 The immune system
Peter S Vickers
Chapter 17 The skin 551
Normal values 575
"Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Healthcare Students is a succinct but complete overview of the structure and function of the human body, with clinical applications throughout. Designed specifically for nursing and healthcare students, the new edition of this best-selling textbook provides a user-friendly, straightforward, jargon-free introduction to the subject." (Expofairs 06/04/2017)
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.