Psychology and the Challenges of Life: Adjustment and Growth, 13th Edition
January 2016, ©2016
This text is an unbound, three hole punched version.
In the 13th edition of Psychology and the Challenges of Life: Adjustment and Growth, Binder Ready Version, 13th Edition authors Jeffrey Nevid and Spencer Rathus continue to reflect on the many ways in which psychology relates to the lives we live and the important roles that psychology can play in helping us adjust to the many challenges we face in our daily lives. Throughout, the authors explore applications of psychological concepts and principles in meeting life challenges such as managing our time, developing our self-identity, building and maintaining friendships and intimate relationships, adopting healthier behaviors and lifestyles, coping with stress, and dealing with emotional problems and psychological disorders.
Chapter 1: Psychology and the Challenges of Life
Chapter 2: Personality
Chapter 3: Stress: What Is It and How to Manage It?
Chapter 4: Psychological Factors and Health
Chapter 5: Developing Healthier Behaviors
Chapter 6: The Self in a Social World
Chapter 7: Social Influence: Being Influenced By - And Influencing - Others
Chapter 8: Psychological Disorders
Chapter 9: Therapies: Ways of Helping
Chapter 10: Interpersonal Attraction: Of Friendship and Love
Chapter 11: Relationships and Communication: Getting from Here to There
Chapter 12: Gender and Sexuality
Chapter 13: Adolescent and Adult Development: Going Through Changes
Chapter 14: The Challenges of the Workplace
WileyPLUS Learning Space addresses the challenges of student readiness and retention, and helps instructors and students improve learning outcomes by integrating course content with learning tools, assessment, and practice activities in one platform.
Designed to engage today’s student, WileyPLUS Learning Space is an easy way to help your students learn, collaborate, and grow. Using the Course Stream and dynamic e-textbook, students will ask more questions, share more insights, and see how their participation leads to progress.
- Applies psychological principles to aid readers in meeting the challenges they face in their daily lives, to solve problems, and to reach their individual potentials
- Communicates the scientific nature of psychology through coverage of research methods, and the review of classic and current studies in the field
- Integrates coverage of human diversity throughout the text
- Organized in modules to suit today’s busy student
- Applying Psychology in Daily Life section help students see how psychological knowledge discussed in the chapter applies to problems and issues of modern life
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.