Cost Management: Measuring, Monitoring, and Motivating Performance, Third Canadian Binder Ready Version
April 2016, ©2017
Cost Management: Measuring, Monitoring, and Motivating Performance, Third Canadian Edition was written to help students learn to appropriately apply cost accounting methods in a variety of organizational settings. To achieve this goal, students must also develop professional competencies, such as strategic/critical thinking, risk analysis, decision making, ethical reasoning and communication. This is in line with the CPA curriculum and the content of this edition and the problem materials is mapped to the CPA. Many students fail to recognize the assumptions, limitations, behavioural implications, and qualitative factors that influence managerial decision making. The textbook is written in an engaging step-by-step style that is accessible to students. The authors are proactive about addressing the challenges that instructors and students face in their teaching and learning endeavors. They utilize features such as realistic examples, real ethical dilemmas, self-study problems and unique problem material structured to encourage students to think about accounting problems and problem-solving more complexly.
2 Cost Concepts, Behaviour, and Estimation 40
3 Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis 94
4 Relevant Information for Decision Making 142
5 Job Costing 200
6 Process Costing 250
7 Activity-Based Costing and Management 298
8 Measuring and Assigning Support Department Costs 350
9 Joint Product and By-product Costing 400
10 Static and Flexible Budgets 438
11 Standard Costs and Variance Analysis 498
12 More Variances: Revenue, Contribution Margin, and Advanced Production Variances 544
13 Strategic Investment Decisions 576
14 Pricing Decisions 626
15 Strategic Management of Costs 666
16 Inventory Management 700
17 Measuring and Assigning Costs for Income Statements 718
18 Performance Evaluation and Compensation 768
19 Strategic Performance Measurement 802
20 Sustainability Accounting 854
- New content and problem materials are mapped to the CPA
- New additional chapters covering:
- More variances: revenue, contribution margin, and advanced production variances
- Inventory management including economic order quantity (EOQ), MRP, JIT
- New content on productivity measures has been added.
- WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. It is packed with interactive study tools and resources–including the complete online textbook–to give your students more value for their money.
- Business practices and Canadian company examples are included throughout the text and in the problem material
- Coverage of Canadian rules and regulations related to transfer pricing and tax
- Coverage of Canadian professional exams
- Focus on bias and risk in the creation and use of cost accounting information for decision making purposes.
- Focuses on a wide range of business types, including: manufacturing, retail, service, non-profit, Canadian and International, as well as small to large private companies.
- Explores ethical questions about real business scenarios by introducing an ethical decision making framework in Chapter 1; presenting ethical scenarios in each chapter; and posing one or more ethical homework problems in each chaptermany featuring real world scenarios.
- A selection of end-of-chapter material that challenges a student's computational, spreadsheet, and critical thinking skills with unique problem types including: Integrating Across the Curriculum homework problems where students are asked to integrate applications of the cost accounting concepts across the curriculum e.g., auditing, marketing, finance.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.