Marketing Research, 12th Edition
January 2016, ©2016
Marketing Research, 12th Edition prepares marketing students to make data driven business decisions. With a focus on market intelligence, strategy, theory and application, the authors introduce the latest developments in the field of marketing research and discuss their impact on marketing research applicationsall in a macro-micro-macro framework to help students understand the big picture.
1 A Decision-Making Perspective on Marketing Intelligence 1
2 Marketing Research in Practice 29
3 The Marketing Research Process 45
4 Research Design and Implementation 68
Part II Data Collection
Section A: Secondary and Exploratory Research
5 Secondary Sources of Marketing Data 96
6 Standardized Sources of Marketing Data 121
7 Marketing Research on the Internet 146
8 Information Collection: Qualitative and Observational Methods 172
Section B: Descriptive Research
9 Information from Respondents:Issues in Data Collection 209
10 Information from Respondents:Survey Methods 226
11 Attitude Measurement 256
12 Designing the Questionnaire 285
Section C: Causal Research
13 Experimentation 314
Section D: Sampling
14 Sampling Fundamentals 345
15 Sample Size and Statistical Theory 373
Part III Data Analysis
16 Fundamentals of Data Analysis 397
17 Hypothesis Testing: Basic Concepts and Tests of Associations 417
18 Hypothesis Testing: Means and Proportions 436
Part IV Special Topics in Data Analysis
19 Correlation Analysis and Regression Analysis 462
20 Discriminant, Factor, and Cluster Analysis 492
21 Multidimensional Scaling and Conjoint Analysis 534
22 Presenting the Results 557
Part V Applications of Marketing Intelligence
23 Marketing-Mix Measures 572
24 Brand and Customer Metrics 617
25 New Age Strategies 639
Appendix A 677
• Chapters have been significantly updated with newer and more recent business examples, and industry statistics
• Focuses on the current trends in marketing intelligence. Specific importance has been given to the concepts such as Customer Lifetime Value, Share of Wallet, Brand Equity, Mobile Marketing, and the increasing role of Social Media Marketing.
• Marketing Research in Action sections in various chapters have been updated to focus on the real world applications of Marketing Research.
• Emphasizes the importance and essence of marketing research to future managers and researchers by focusing on when marketing research can and should be used, what research alternatives exist, how to recognize effective and ineffective research, and how to interpret and apply the results. This prepares student for strategic decision making.
• Uses a unique macro-micro-macro organization. The authors introduce marketing research through a macro-level treatment of what it is and where it fits in an organization, then move to a micro-level and decision-oriented approach; and finally, end with a macro-level approach to the applications of marketing research.
• End of chapter and end of part cases cover a wide range of products and organizations. These cases stimulate interest, add realism to the marketing research curriculum, and help develop decision-making skills. These cases cover a wide range of products and organizations
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.