Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, 9th Edition
April 2017, ©2017
Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry, 9th Edition is a learning-centered text that includes several pedagogical enhancements to help students quickly acquire and retain important information. It is written for those who will be involved with some phase of purchasing throughout their hospitality careers. This text covers product information as well as management of the purchasing function, and how this relates to a successful operation. It also acts as a comprehensive reference guide to the selection and procurement functions within the hospitality industry. Purchasing: Selection and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry is the comprehensive and up-to-date hospitality purchasing text available today.
Chapter 1: The Concepts of Selection and Procurement
Chapter 2: Technology Applications in Purchasing
Chapter 3: Distribution Systems
Chapter 4: Forces Affecting the Distribution Systems
Chapter 5: An Overview of the Purchasing Function
Chapter 6: The Organization, Administration, and Evaluation of Purchasing
Chapter 7: The Purchase Specification: An Overall View
Chapter 8: The Optimal Amount
Chapter 9: Determining Optimal Purchase Prices and Payment Policies
Chapter 10: The Optimal Supplier
Chapter 11: Typical Ordering Procedures
Chapter 12: Typical Receiving Procedures
Chapter 13: Typical Storage Management Procedures
Chapter 14: Security in the Purchasing Function
Chapter 15: Fresh Produce
Chapter 16: Processed Produce and Other Grocery Items
Chapter 17: Dairy Products
Chapter 18: Eggs
Chapter 19: Poultry
Chapter 20: Fish
Chapter 21: Meat
Chapter 22: Beverages
Chapter 23: Nonfood Expense Items
Chapter 24: Services
Chapter 25: Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment
- A new, detailed discussion realted to the concepts of logistics and supply chain management has been added.
- Revised end-of-chapter Questions and Problems and Experiential Exercises
- Updated links to key websites that provide readers with access to current information
- New, revised, and updated illustrations and photographs of concepts, companies, and products relating to the purchasing function have been included.
- Former Chapter 6 "The Organization and Administration of Purchasing" has been combined with the previous edition's Chapter 7, "The Buyer’s Relations with Other Company Personnel." This was done to emphasize that relations with others are important parts of the staffing, training, directing and overall administration of the purchasing function.
- Former Chapter 10 "The Optimal Price" has been combined with the previous edition's Chapter 11, "The Optimal Payment Policy." This was done to reflect the interrelationship between price and payment policies.
- Thoroughly updated glossary featuring hundreds of purchasing-specific terms and detailed definitions
- Improved the discussion of sustainability, "green" practices and corporate social responsibility throughout the text
- Stronger emphasis on online ordering and group purchasing organizations
- Features discussion of the purchasing activity and product information from a management point of view
- Product chapters include updated information on the latest trends
- New updates concerning technology and “green” practices in the industry
- Over 20 interviews with industry executives about the importance of specific purchasing aspects
- Expanded and enhanced glossary of key purchasing terms
- In-depth attention to ordering procedures, distribution systems, supplier channels, price and payment, storage and security, and specification for food, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.