Conversaciones escritas lectura y redaccion en contexto, Second Edition
January 2017, ©2017
Conversaciones escritas: Lectura y redaccion en contexto, 2nd Edition contains updated data and resources including substantial revisions throughout the book as well as translated texts that have been re-edited for structure and fluency. This text includes more suggested video links in Spanish and writing activities based on essays to help readers write in Spanish. Each chapter contains a minimum of two readings, each presenting different aspects of a particular debate on topics. With the help of engaging essays and practice exercises that more closely reflect thematic content of chapters; the heart of this text deals with contemporary cultural and community topics.
Dr. Kim Potowski is Professor of Spanish linguistics in the Department of Hispanic & Italian Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago, where she also holds appointments in Latin American and Latino Studies, Curriculum and Instruction, and an affiliation with the Social Justice Initiative. She has directed the Spanish for heritage speakers program since 2002 and is the founding director of a heritage speaker summer study abroad program in Oaxaca, Mexico. Her research focuses on Spanish in the U.S., including factors that influence intergenerational language transmission and change, as well as connections between language and ethnic identity. Other books she has authored and edited include El español de los Estados Unidos (2015), Heritage language teaching: Research and practice (2014), Language diversity in the USA (2011), and Language and identity in a dual immersion school (2007), as well as the introductory Spanish textbook Dicho y hecho (2015).
- Updated data and resources throughout the book
- More suggested video links in Spanish
- Translated texts have been re-edited for structure and fluency
- Practice exercises that more closely reflect thematic content of the chapter
- Interactive questions following each sample "carta"
- New grammar point focusing on prepositions
- Substantial revisions to Chapter 6 and throughout the book for greater LGBTQ inclusivity
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.