Hospitality Marketing Management, Sixth Edition
August 2016, ©2017
Hospitality Marketing Management, 6th Edition explores marketing and themes unique to hospitality and tourism. The 6th edition presents many new ideas along with established marketing principles, exploring not only the foundations of marketing in the hospitality world but also new trends in the industry.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Hospitality Marketing
The Marketing Mix
Service Trends Affecting the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
Case Study: Campus Center Hotel
Case Study: Location, Location, Location?
Chapter 2 The Marketing Environment and Sustainability
The Marketing Environment
Managing for Sustainability
Case Study: Arizona Hotel Resort and Spa
Case Study: Bushwood Country Club
Chapter 3 Understanding the Behavior of Hospitality Consumers
Factors that Influence Consumer Behavior
Consumer Decision-Making Model
Consumer Problem-Solving Processes
Consumer Problem-Solving Techniques
Organizational Buyer Behavior
Case Study: Spring Break Vacation
Case Study: Tempura Garden
Chapter 4 Market Segmentation and Positioning
Market Segmentation Decisions
Market Segmentation Strategies
Positioning the Product–Service Mix
Case Study: Destination Market Segments
Case Study: Segmenting and Positioning in the Cruise Industry
Chapter 5 Developing a Marketing Plan
The Marketing Planning Process
Case Study: Kilts and Ale
Case Study: Planning at the Westwind Resort
Chapter 6 Information for Marketing Decisions
Sources of Marketing Information
The Marketing Research Process
Ethical Issues in Marketing Research
Case Study: The Biggest Loser Resort
Case Study: Bel Air Motel
Appendix: Data Collection and Sampling
Chapter 7 Pricing Strategy
Factors that Affect Pricing Decisions
Broad Pricing Strategies
Pricing Techniques and Procedures
Pricing Law and Ethics
Case Study: Airline Pricing (Internet application)
Case Study: The Pasta Shack
Chapter 8 Developing New Products and Services
Planning for New Products
Organizing for New Product Planning
New Product Development Process
Identifying Products and Services
Destination Product Development
Case Study: Product Development Dilemma at Rocco’s
Case Study: The Development of Seasons 52
Chapter 9 Managing Products and Services
Product Life Cycle
Developing Strategies using the Product Life Cycle
Resource Allocation Models and Applications
Managing in the Service Environment
Techniques to Assess Customer Satisfaction
Case Study: Starbucks Coffee
Case Study: Service Quality at the Excelsior Hotel
Chapter 10 Distribution and Supply Chain Management
Case Study: Ice Cream Heaven
Case Study: The Wing Shack
Chapter 11 Electronic Commerce
The Scope of Electronic Commerce
Electronic Commerce Strategy
Case Study 1: Hospitality and Tourism Web Site Analysis
Case Study 2: Electronic Commerce Strategy at Malone Golf Club
Appendix: Web Site Evaluation Sheet
Chapter 12 Integrated Marketing Communications
Managing the Promotional Mix
Managing the Advertising Function
Planning and Evaluating Advertising Campaigns
Criticisms of Advertising
Case Study: The Glen Pub
Case Study: Mr. C’s Sandwich Shoppes
Chapter 13 Advertising and Social Media
Developing Media Plans
Case Study: Social Media Use by Restaurants
Case Study: Advertising Decisions for the Alexandria Inn
Chapter 14 Sales Promotions and Public Relations
Case Study: Restaurant Sales Promotions
Case Study: Promotion at Princess Suites
Chapter 15 Personal Selling
Selling to Group Markets
The Personal Selling Process
Personal Selling Tools
Ethical Issues in Personal Selling
Case Study: College Sports Team (Role Play)
Case Study: Atlantis Resort
- New Chapter 2, on the marketing environment and sustainability. In keeping with current industry trends, a new chapter has been written to combine the components of the external marketing environment and sustainability practices in hospitality and tourism.
- More coverage of the Internet and technology. In this edition, the added coverage of the Internet and technology was continued, including a section on social media under advertising and promotion.
- More coverage of the tourism industry within each chapter. The book now covers destination marketing in the introduction chapter, the information systems for marketing decisions chapter, the new product development chapter, the product management chapter, and the sales promotions and public relations chapter. In addition, there are new cases related to tourism.
- More coverage of international marketing. The importance of a global economy directly affects the hospitality and tourism industry. As in past editions, an effort was made to provide more international examples and references throughout the book to illustrate this trend.
- New case studies. Fourteen new case studies were added to this edition, and each chapter now contains two case studies.
- Takes an applied approach to exploring the foundations of marketing in the hospitality industry and its unique themes.
- Explores the rapidly evolving world of ecommerce and its impact on hospitality marketing.
- Provides insight into consumer behavior and how firms can segment markets and target customers.
- Identifies strategies for promotion in the hospitality industry.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.