Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice, Seventh Edition
November 2016, ©2017
Distinct from any other text of its kind, Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Research and Practice, 7th Edition provides a thorough and clear overview of the field, without overwhelming today’s I/O Psychology student. Newly updated for its seventh edition, author Paul Spector provides readers with (1) cutting edge content and includes new and emerging topics, such as occupational health and safety, and (2) a global perspective of the field.
Part 1 Introduction
1 Introduction 2
2 Research Methods in I ]O Psychology 23
Part 2 Assessment of Jobs, Performance, and People
3 Job Analysis 52
4 Performance Appraisal 76
5 Assessment Methods for Selection and Placement 102
Part 3 Selecting and Training Employees
6 Selecting Employees 132
7 Training 160
Part 4 The Individual and the Organization
8 Theories of Employee Motivation 184
9 Feelings About Work: Job Attitudes and Emotions 203
10 Productive and Counterproductive Employee Behavior 230
11 Occupational Health Psychology 253
Part 5 The Social Context of Work
12 Work Groups and Work Teams 280
13 Leadership and Power in Organizations 303
14 Organizational Development and Theory 330
Author Index 387
Subject Index 397
- Over 100 new references, almost all of them from 2011 or later.
- Topics such as Abusive Supervision, Justice Climate, Underemployment, Research Integrity, Veteran Reintegration, and Credit Checking have been added or substantially revised.
- "Learning By Doing" exercises actively engage students with material in each chapter; these exercises ask students to address or answer a particular I/O question and range from interviews to observational activities.
- "Research in Detail" adds insight through a study that is revelant to topics covered in the chapter.
- "I/O Psychology in Practice" Cases have been chosen to represent the wide variety of settings and pllied work that invlives I/O psychologists.
- Paul Spector provides a global perspective on the field and includes important information about I/O outside of the United States.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.