Supply Chain Management, 2nd Edition
September 2017, ©2018
Supply chain management, rapidly-advancing and growing ever more important in the global business climate, requires an intense understanding of both underlying principles and practical techniques. Including both a broad overview of supply chain management and real-world examples of SCM in companies ranging from small to large, this book provides students with both the foundational material required to understand the subject matter and practical tips that demonstrate how the latest techniques are being applied. Spanning functional boundaries, this well-regarded book is now in its second edition and has quickly become a standard course text at many universities. This newest edition continues to provide a balanced, integrative, and business-oriented viewpoint of the material, and deeply explores how SCM is intertwined with other organizational functions. New material has been added to address the importance of big data analytics in SCM, as well as other technological advances such as 3-D printing, cloud computing, machine learning, driverless vehicles, the Internet of Things, RFID, and others.
- Material new to this edition includes the addition of the effects of big data analytics on supply chains
- With a new focus on technology, the book addresses advancements that are changing supply chains, from 3-D printing to cloud computing and driverless vehicles
- Updated examples include key concepts applied to supply chains of various size companies, from small to large firms
- Provides a comprehensive foundation of supply chain management, from a broad overview of SCM to strategic implementations and operational techniques
- Offers readers cross-functional, integrated coverage of supply chain management applicable to the various areas of SCM
- Features a global focus that takes into account global supply networks, international tariffs, foreign regulations, and many more
- Includes content in each chapter to illustrates the latest business practices revolving around the topic addressed
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.