Restaurant Concepts, Management, and Operations 8th Edition
September 2017, ©2018
Restaurant Concepts, Management, and Operations, 8th Edition takes the reader from the initial idea to the grand opening. It features comprehensive, applications-based coverage of all aspects of developing, opening, and running a restaurant. This includes topics such as staffing, legal and regulatory concerns, cost control and general financing, marketing and promotion, equipment and design, the menu, sanitation, and concept. A one-stop guide to the restaurant business, the Eighth Edition of Walker’s, Restaurant Concepts, Management, and Operations continues the success of previous editions, providing, in an easy-to-read way, all of the skills and information needed to master every challenge and succeed in this highly competitive and rewarding industry. Each chapter has been revised, updated, and enhanced with numerous industry examples, sidebars, charts, tables, photographs, and menus. All of this information will help restaurant owners make the decisions necessary to build a thriving business.
Restaurants, Owners, Locations, and Concepts 1
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Restaurants and Their Owners
Chapter 3 Concept, Location, and Design
Part Two Restaurant Management
Chapter 4 The Menu
Chapter 5 Restaurant Business and Marketing Plans
Chapter 6 Restaurant Leadership and Management
Chapter 7 Planning and Equipping the Kitchen
Chapter 8 Food Purchasing
Chapter 9 Financing and Leasing
Part Three Restaurant Operations
Chapter 10 Bar and Beverages
Chapter 11 Budgeting and Control
Chapter 12 Food Production and Sanitation
Chapter 13 Organization, Recruiting, and Staffing
Chapter 14 Training and Service
- New reorganization of the chapters: This edition is condensed to 14 chapters, now better fitting a traditional semester schedule and consolidated for a more coherent read.
- Information on minimum wage, food trucks, gluten-free cooking, and menu items is now included.
- Numerous Industry Examples are interspersed throughout to help students understand the topics and concepts being discussed.
- Examples and discussions of the overtime rule, new restaurant concepts and their founders are now included.
- New sections on successful strategies in healthy eating, veganism, and vegetarianism, and how they all relate to the restaurant business, are now included.
- An increased focus toward the independent restaurateur has been continued for this new edition.
- Restaurant Profiles are featured at the beginning of each of the five parts of the book. These profiles highlight a particular restaurant and detail all components of its organization.
- Additional emphasis on restaurant business plans, restaurant management, and operations is included in this new edition.
- Comprehensive and reader friendly approach to all the basics
- Takes readers step-by-step through the complicated process of planning, creating, and opening any type of restaurant
- Includes information on topics such as staffing, legal and regulatory concerns, cost control and general financing, marketing and promotion, kitchen planning and design, the menu, sanitation and concept
- Strong pedagogical features such as learning objectives, key terms and concepts, and review questions in each chapter
- Includes up-to-date restaurant profiles, as well as sidebars offering advice, charts, tables, photographs and menus
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.