Principles of Econometrics, 5th Edition
December 2017, ©2018
Principles of Econometrics, 5th Edition is an introductory book for undergraduate students in economics and finance, and can be used for MBA and first-year graduate students in many fields. The 5th Edition provides students with an understanding of why econometrics is necessary and a working knowledge of basic econometric tools. This text emphasizes motivation, understanding and implementation by introducing very simple economic models and asking economic questions that students can answer.
New to this Edition:
- An in-depth discussion of data types, along with tips on writing econometrics research papers that will help students develop ideas as the course develops
- A new section on large sample tests, including an explanation of the use of control variables and the difference between causal and predictive models
- An extensive section on treatment effects and causal modeling in Rubin’s potential outcomes framework
- Complete solutions manual for professors is available online in both Microsoft Word and PDF formats
- New examples and exercises use real data to make the material more relevant
- Chapters are focused on core material and exercises, while more advanced content is presented in the appendices
- Between 25 and 30 new exercises have been added to each chapter to help students apply what they’ve learned
- Reorganization of chapters follows a natural progression that is conducive to undergraduate and graduate-level instruction
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.