Core Concepts of Accounting Information Systems, 14th Edition
February 2018, ©2018
Accounting Information systems (AIS) have become indispensable in the field, and this book provides clear guidance for students or professionals needing to get up to speed. Designed to suit a one-semester AIS course at the graduate, undergraduate, or community college level, Core Concepts of Accounting Information Systems explores AIS use and processes in the context of modern-day accounting. Coverage includes conceptual overviews of data analytics, accounting, and risk management, as well as detailed discussion of business processes, cybercrime, database design and more to provide a well-rounded introduction to AIS.
Case studies reinforce fundamental concepts using real-world scenarios that encourage critical thinking, while AIS-at-Work examples illustrate complex procedures or concepts in everyday workplace situations. Test Yourself questions allow students to gauge their level of understanding, while End of Chapter questions stimulate application of new skills through problems, cases, and discussion questions that facilitate classroom dialogue. Practical, current, relevant, and grounded in everyday application, this book is an invaluable resource for students of managerial accounting, tax accounting, and compliance.
- A new chapter explores the nature of Big Data, the analytics process, and the role of Big Data analytics in accounting and assurance and compliance services
- New content organization clarifies and delineates material related to AIS development, AIS methods, and the role of AIS in modern accounting
- Explores the widespread necessity of Accounting Information Systems in modern business
- Explains how AIS systems integrate with enterprise solutions and Big Data analytics
- Features detailed instruction on how AIS is used in a variety of business processes
- Includes discussion about fraud, ethics, cybercrime, and information technology auditing
- Delves into AID development, implementation, and organization, with clear guidance on database design
- Provides instructor resources, including an Instructor’s Manual, test bank, and PowerPoint slides that help bring AIS methods into the classroom
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.