Midwifery, 1st Edition
October 2017, ©2018
Midwifery, 1st Edition brings together knowledge from a collection of Australian and New Zealand clinical experts and experienced academics to support your learning and prepare you for the challenges faced in contemporary midwifery healthcare. It presents you with the ‘must-have’ information that you need concerning both the theoretical and practical aspects of what it means to be a midwife. With extensive full colour illustrations throughout, as well as activities, bespoke ANZ videos and interactive branched-chain scenarios, this user-friendly textbook will support you throughout your entire education programme. There is also a companion virtual reality app for iPhone and Android which is a one-of-a-kind experience into the virtual world of delivering babies and caring for mothers. Midwifery is essential reading for all pre-registration student midwives, as well as newly qualified midwives.
Chapter 1. To be a midwife
Chapter 2. Working in partnership
Chapter 3. Sociology applied to maternity care
Chapter 4. Psychology applied to maternity care
Chapter 5. Preparation for parenthood
Chapter 6. Antenatal midwifery care
Chapter 7. Intrapartum midwifery care
Chapter 8. Postnatal midwifery care
Chapter 9. Midwifery care of the newborn
Chapter 10. Infant feeding
Chapter 11. Public health and health promotion
Chapter 12. Contraception and family planning
Chapter 13. Perinatal mental health
Chapter 14. Complementary and alternative therapies applied to maternity care
Chapter 15. Pharmacology and medication management
Chapter 16. Emergencies in midwifery
Chapter 17. Bereavement and loss
- Accessible Content: This first edition comprises insightful and engaging content delivered in concise, digestible chunks to support students’’ engagement and retention.
- Visibility of Progress: When purchased by the institution for all students, WileyPLUS Learning Space provides sophisticated insight into students’ participation, engagement and proficiency in the course through real-time, actionable reports.
- Trusted Authorship: Know you’re getting the best content from a team of leading Midwifery experts from throughout Australia.
- Virtual Reality: A 3D Virtual Reality companion application available for iPhone and Android phone users will offer simulated, “real life” situations to viewers.
- Gamification: Interactive 2D capstone activities at the end of each chapter ask students what they would do in content-related branched-chain scenarios.
- Interactive Online Textbook: The WileyPLUS Learning Space interactive textbook is full of rich media and activities to facilitate engaged learning.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.