Mental Health Care, 3rd Edition
August 2017, ©2018
Mental Health Care: An Introduction for Health Professionals in Australia, 3rd Edition covers the challenges that nursing professionals will face in their everyday roles. This text discusses, in a jargon-free way, how to effectively help those who are struggling with mental health issues in a care setting. Videos with real clinicians and top researchers help bring relevancy to each chapter through engaging storytelling. Interactive capstone activities put the students in a simulated ‘real world’ scenario where they must apply their learning. There is also scores of local, curated content that show students the importance behind topics covered.
Chapter 1. Mental health care in Australia
Chapter 2. Assessment in the mental health context
Chapter 3. The legal and ethical context of mental health care
Chapter 4. Delivering culturally appropriate mental health care
Chapter 5. Common reactions to stressful situations
Chapter 6. Caring for a person displaying challenging behaviours
Chapter 7. Caring for a person with depression, anxiety or perinatal mental health
Chapter 8. Caring for a person who has self-harmed
Chapter 9. Caring for a person with a serious mental illness
Chapter 10. Caring for a person with a substance use disorder
Chapter 11. Caring for an older person with a mental illness
Chapter 12. Approaches to mental health service delivery
- Accessible Content: This new edition comprises insightful and engaging content delivered in concise, digestible chunks to support students’ engagement and retention.
- Visibility of Progress: When purchased by the institution for all students, WileyPLUS Learning Space provides sophisticated insight into students’ participation, engagement and proficiency in the course through real-time, actionable reports.
- Trusted Authorship: Know you’re getting the best content from a team of leading Mental Health Care experts from throughout Australia.
- Interactive Online Textbook: The WileyPLUS Learning Space interactive textbook is full of rich media and activities to facilitate engaged learning.
- Gamification: Interactive 2D capstone activities at the end of each chapter ask students what they would do in content-related branched-chain scenarios.
- Engaging Videos: Hours of bespoke video interview practising nurses and top-end researches on their experiences as nurses in the field.
- Wiley E-Texts are powered by VitalSource and accessed via the VitalSource Bookshelf reader, available online and via a downloadable app.
- Wiley E-Texts are accessible online and offline, and can be read on a variety of devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Wiley E-Texts are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- Wiley E-Texts are protected by DRM. For specific DRM policies, please refer to our FAQ.
- WileyPLUS registration codes are NOT included with any Wiley E-Text. For informationon WileyPLUS, click here .
- To learn more about Wiley E-Texts, please refer to our FAQ.
- E-books are offered as e-Pubs or PDFs. To download and read them, users must install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on their PC.
- E-books have DRM protection on them, which means only the person who purchases and downloads the e-book can access it.
- E-books are non-returnable and non-refundable.
- To learn more about our e-books, please refer to our FAQ.