Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies
Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies (FACT) is a quarterly review journal that aims to present the evidence on complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) in an analytical and impartial manner.
With increasing interest and growing research into CAM there are dozens of specific complementary medicine journals and thousands of general medical journals that present articles and research findings in this area. Knowing it is impossible to scan all these publications, the FACT editorial team systematically searches the world literature to uncover articles and key papers in all fields of CAM research. The journal saves readers times by making it easier to keep abreast of all the new research data related to CAM.
Topics covered include:
- Herbal medicines
- Manipulative therapies
- Nutritional therapies
- Mind-body therapies
- Other CAM therapies
The most important factual papers are summarised and critically appraised in the form of an expert commentary written by a member of FACT's international editorial board. The author(s) of the original paper are invited to respond and their replies are also published when received. All summaries and commentaries are evidence-based, reporting clinical trials, systematic reviews or meta-analyses, compiling, interpreting and disseminating the up-to-date evidence for or against complementary medicine.
Each issue may include:
- Summaries and commentaries on key CAM areas
- Original articles that review the evidence for and against CAM in a particular therapeutic area
- Debate articles which present different or even opposing views to tease out the pros and contras in controversial areas
- A comprehensive compilation of recently published CAM literature
- Guest editorials
- Interviews of outstanding personalities in the field of CAM
- Book reviews and a list of new books
- Letters to the editor