Food Science & Nutrition
Vol 3 (6 Issues in 2015)
Edited by: Y. Martin Lo
Online ISSN: 2048-7177
Food Science & Nutrition is the peer-reviewed journal for rapid dissemination of research in all areas of food science and nutrition. The Journal will consider submissions of quality papers describing the results of fundamental and applied research related to all aspects of human food and nutrition, as well as interdisciplinary research that spans these two fields. Topics include, but are not limited to the following areas:
• Chemistry of food and its biochemical interactions
• Food microbiology, safety, and risk assessment
• Metabolic, molecular, and genetic mechanisms in nutrition
• Safety and security analysis of global food supplies
• Food preservation, storage, and hurdle technology
• Food toxicology
• Engineering of food processing technologies
• Handling and packaging of foods
• Quality assurance of food products
• Biotechnology as it relates to food production and processing
• Food oral processing, rheology, and other texture related studies
• Health and nutritional implications of food, functional foods, nutraceuticals, and supplements
• Bioavailability and disease prevention
• Nutritional methodologies, behaviors, and modeling
• Sensory and consumer science
• Community and international nutrition
• Enology and fermentation technology
• Food and dietary supplement ingredient regulatory science
• Health claims
• Agriculture research on plant production, utilization, biomass, and environment
• Commentaries on controversial issues in food science and nutrition
• Interdisciplinary research spanning food science and nutrition
Food Science & Nutrition publishes original research articles, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and research methods papers, along with invited editorials and commentaries. Original research papers must report well-conducted research with conclusions supported by the data presented in the paper.
We aim to be a truly global forum for high-quality research in food science and nutrition, and we think that the best research should be published and made widely accessible as quickly as possible. Food Science & Nutrition publishes papers submitted directly to the journal and those referred from a select group of prestigious journals published by Wiley-Blackwell. List available here.
Food Science & Nutrition is a Wiley Open Access journal, one of a new series of peer-reviewed titles publishing quality research with speed and efficiency. For further information visit the Wiley Open Access website.
Open Access and Copyright
All articles published by Food Science & Nutrition are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. All Food Science & Nutrition articles are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by Food Science & Nutrition is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Wiley a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified. Further information about open access license and copyright can be found here.
Peer review policy
Food Science & Nutrition maintains the highest standards of peer review while increasing the efficiency of the process. All research articles published in the journal will undergo full peer review. We will do our utmost to judge research objectively on its own merits and to avoid favoring research, for example, from particular institutions, countries, or regions. Key characteristics of the journal’s review process are:
• All research articles submitted directly to the Journal are initially evaluated by the Editor-in-Chief; articles found appropriate for the Journal will be reviewed by at least two suitably qualified experts.
• Most submissions transferred to Food Science & Nutrition from partnering journals will be assessed using the original peer-review reports from those journals; however, the Editor-in-Chief will critically review these peer-review reports and may choose to send manuscripts out for additional review.
• All publication decisions are made by the Editor-in-Chief on the basis of the reviews provided.
• Members of the editorial board lend insight, advice and guidance to the Editor-in-Chief generally and assist in decision making on specific submissions.
• The managing editor and editorial assistant provide administrative support to ensure Food Science & Nutrition maintains the integrity of peer review and delivers rapid and efficient publication to authors and reviewers.
In addition to papers submitted directly to the journal, Food Science & Nutrition will also consider papers referred from other Wiley-Blackwell journals that are participating in the Manuscript Transfer Program. As part of our commitment to speed of publication, and in order to reduce strain on the peer-review system, we have set-up a mechanism to allow a select group of prestigious partner journals to refer high-quality manuscripts to Food Science & Nutrition, along with any existing peer-review reports, when these journals are not themselves able to accommodate the manuscripts (for example, on grounds of scope or space). For such manuscripts that have existing peer-review reports, our Editor-in-Chief is able to decide whether or not a manuscript is suitable for publication particularly quickly.
Food Science & Nutrition editors will make prompt accept, reject, or request revisions decisions, based on the original peer reviews. The Food Science & Nutrition editors may seek additional reviews and authors will be advised in those cases.