Vol 9 (12 Issues in 2017)
Edited by: Steve Long
Online ISSN: 1757-1707
Impact Factor: 4.655
First to know the nature of bioenergy
GCB Bioenergy is an international journal publishing original research papers, review articles and commentaries that promote understanding of the interface between biological and environmental sciences and the production of fuels directly from plants, algae and waste. The scope of the journal extends to areas outside of biology to policy forum, socioeconomic analyses, technoeconomic analyses and systems analysis. Papers do not need a global change component for consideration for publication, it is viewed as implicit that most bioenergy will be beneficial in avoiding at least a part of the fossil fuel energy that would otherwise be used.
The journal focuses on topics in the context of biological implications:
- Bioenergy, bio-oil and bioproducts from energy crops, algae, and biological residues
- Feedstock management, genomics, breeding, production modeling, composition, pests, diseases and weeds
- Sustainability, biodiversity and ecosystem services of bioenergy systems
- Socioeconomics of crops, crops systems and their processing
- Policy and legislative developments affecting biofuels, bioproducts and bioenergy
- Microbial and thermal deconstruction and synthesis of fuels and bioproducts from biological feedstocks
- System analysis from life-cycle assessment (LCA), material flow analysis (MFA), techno-economic analysis (TEA)
Studies may be at all levels of organization from gene discovery and crop feedstock genetics to systems analysis of biofuel production operations and global projections. They may be experimental, observational or theoretical, and may concern higher plant and algal systems, biological mimicry, biotechnology, ecosystem services, environmental impacts and / or whole production system analysis.
The journal does not accept papers that solely concern advances in the physico-chemical conversion of biomass to fuels, for example design of biomass boilers or thermochemical conversion of biomass to fuels, unless these are part of analysis of a complete system.
GCB Bioenergy is joining the Wiley Open Access publishing program of fully open access journals published by Wiley. For further information visit the Wiley Open Access website.
Open Access and Copyright
All articles published by GCB Bioenergy will be fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share. All articles submitted from 25 March 2015 are published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Copyright on any research article in a journal published by Journal Title is retained by the author(s). Authors grant Wiley a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher. Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.