Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems
Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems (G3) publishes research papers on Earth and planetary processes with a focus on understanding the Earth as a system. Observational, experimental, and theoretical investigations of the solid Earth, hydrosphere, atmosphere, biosphere, and solar system at all spatial and temporal scales are welcome. Articles should be of broad interest, and interdisciplinary approaches are encouraged.
Areas of interest for this peer-reviewed journal include, but are not limited to:
- The physics and chemistry of the Earth, including its structure, composition, physical properties, dynamics, and evolution
- Principles and applications of geochemical proxies to studies of Earth history
- The physical properties, composition, and temporal evolution of the Earth's major reservoirs and the coupling between them
- The dynamics and of geochemical and biogeochemical cycles at all spatial and temporal scales
- Physical and cosmochemical constraints on the composition, origin, and evolution of the Earth and other terrestrial planets
- The chemistry and physics of solar system materials that are relevant to the formation, evolution, and current state of the Earth and the planets
- Advances in modeling, observation, and experimentation that are of widespread interest in the geosciences
G3 is an online only journal and strives to be at the cutting edge of electronic publishing by encouraging the innovative use of data analysis and visualization formats. The journal also encourages authors to work with the editors and AGU to develop new and innovative means of electronic communication.