Health Information & Libraries Journal
Vol 34 (4 Issues in 2017)
Edited by: Maria J Grant
Print ISSN: 1471-1834 Online ISSN: 1471-1842
Published on behalf of Health Libraries Group of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals
Impact Factor: 0.712
Health Information and Libraries Journal (HILJ) is an international journal of interdisciplinary interest to practitioners, researchers, and students in the library and health sectors. Its objectives include promoting debate about new health information developments with an emphasis on communicating evidence-based information both in the management and support of healthcare services.
The editors welcome original health information articles on current practice, research projects or the development of new resources or services. Review articles are also welcome.
Health Information and Libraries Journal is the official journal of the Health Libraries Group of the UK Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals. The scope of the journal encompasses (but is not restricted to):
- Bibliometric studies of a specific health topic or geographic region
- Educating and training health library and information workers
- Identifying health information needs and use
- Information technology and its application in healthcare settings
- Managing health information programmes and services in the changing environment
- Outreach to healthcare providers as users of health information services