The journal publishes in the areas of toxicity and toxicology of environmental pollutants in air, dust, sediment, soil and water, and natural toxins in the environment.Of particular interest are:
- Toxic or biologically disruptive impacts of anthropogenic chemicals such as pharmaceuticals, industrial organics, agricultural chemicals, and by-products such as chlorinated compounds from water disinfection and waste incineration;
- Natural toxins and their impacts;
- Biotransformation and metabolism of toxigenic compounds, food chains for toxin accumulation or biodegradation;
- Assays of toxicity, endocrine disruption, mutagenicity, carcinogenicity, ecosystem impact and health hazard;
- Environmental and public health risk assessment, environmental guidelines, environmental policy for toxicants.