After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Name and describe the five fundamental functions that underlie
all modern computers.
- Relate how these five functions fit together as hardware in a
- Describe the role of the microprocessor in a personal computer.
- Explain how data of all kinds are represented in an electronic
- Distinguish between primary and secondary data storage devices.
- Describe the wide variety of input and output devices available
for modern computing.
- Explain how specific types of hardware fit different tasks and