- Click on the self-extracting (.exe) file.
- A "Save As" dialog box will pop up.
- Save the file to your hard drive.
- Locate the file on your hard drive in Windows
Explorer or File Manager.
- Run the .exe file by double-clicking on it.
- A dialog box will pop up asking which folder you wish the files to
unzip to. If you do not specify a folder, the files will be unzipped
to the default folder "c:\windows\TEMP".
- Most Macintosh Web browsers are set up to decompress .sit files automatically.
If yours is not, you will need StuffIt Expander for Macintosh to decompress
these files. This utility is available for free from Aladdin
- Once your computer is properly outfitted, download the desired file.
- Locate the file and drag it on top of StuffIt Expander.