New Features of the Third Edition Text
- Includes many new "Environmental Issues", as well as "A Closer Look" essays
- Current statistics have been updated both in the text and in graphics
- Each chapter ending has references to related material on the web
- Updating and adding of topics such as ocean upwelling, forestry & fisheries, toxic dose, etc.
- Objectivity of presentation - Environmental Issues at ends of chapters present students with two views of an issue and ask them to decide what they agree with
- Text presents five themes to unify the concepts: Human Population Growth, Sustainability, A Global Perspective, An Urban World, Values and Knowledge Scientific method is presented early to give students the foundation they need to understand topics presented throughout the book