RealTime Physics Active Learning Laboratories, 3rd Edition by David R. Sokoloff, Priscilla W. Laws and Ronald K. Thornton.
Guided by Physics Education Research, this fully revised series of introductory laboratory modules uses computer data acquisition tools to help students learn important physics concepts while acquiring essential laboratory skills.
Take a look at these exciting features:
- New in the 3rd edition: Module 3 introduces labs in basic electricity and magnetism, and Modules 1 and 3 include labs that make use of video analysis
- Each module contains weekly laboratory sessions that are sequenced to provide students with a coherent observational basis for understanding a single topic area in one semester or quarter of laboratory sessions.
- Each lab (approx. 2 hours each) encourages students to construct their own models of physical phenomena based on observations and experiments. Extensions have been developed to provide more in–depth coverage when longer lab periods are available. To view sample labs click the following links: Module 3, Lab 1 & Module 1, Lab 9.
- Each set of related activities employs a consistent learning cycle: prediction, observation, comparison, analysis, and quantitative experimentation.
- Each lab includes a pre–lab warm–up assignment and a post-lab homework assignment that reinforces critical physics concepts and investigative skills.
- Lab activities and homework assignments are integrated so that they build upon learning that has occurred during the previous lab session and also prepare students for activities in the next session.
Even more exciting is the ability to customize these labs to meet the needs of your course!
For more information on how you can tailor these experiments to fit your lab, visit http://www.wiley.com//college/sc/wcssciencelabs/
To save money for your students, contact your Wiley representative about customizing your labs or the Sokoloff labs with Cutnell & Johnson!
Four RealTime Physics modules are available–
Module 1: Mechanics
Module 2: Heat and Thermodynamics
Module 3: Electricity and Magnetism
Module 4: Light and Optics
For a complete listing of labs, click on the Module listed above.