The Collaborative E-Textbook facilitates student engagement, personalization of the course, and provides an organized system for learning.
- Students can add notes to the e-textbook to create a personalized study plan.
- Every section of the e-textbook is associated with one or more Learning Objective. All of the associated illustrations, photos, videos, animations and other rich media are embedded in the section where appropriate in the narrative.
The "My Notes" feature supports personalization of the course for each student, increasing student engagement while providing more ways for students to keep on track.
- All personal notes and annotations go into each student’s personal "My Notes" area, such as:
- A highlight (personal)
- A note (personal)
- A discussion (shared with class but captured here for all initiated discussions)
- Both the Wiley content and student notes, or discussions, go directly into the "My Notes" area that the student creates.
- Students can further organize their notes by adding personal tags and/or filtering.
The Course Stream is a record of all public activity taking place in the class.
- Students and instructors can access the Course Stream from the main menu or from the dashboard. They may also add to the Course Stream directly from within the e-textbook, thereby contextualizing the entry to that section.
- Students and instructors can add posts, links, or files for the class, a group, or an individual. They may jump out to any given entry and filter the Course Stream to see only entries from the instructor, assignments, or other types of posts.