Visualizing Elementary and Middle School Mathematics Methods empowers prospective elementary and middle school teachers with visually exciting mathematics content that motivates all types of students. Written in an accessible format, with many in-text resources including lessons, activities and content-rich tools, the text employs a uniquely designed pedagogy to help students acquire the skills they need to effectively learn.
The proven array of visual resources and pedagogy include:
- Chapter Opening Photos that provide a visual representation of the chapter content with a caption connecting the photo to the chapter‘s introduction.
- Process Diagrams provide a series of figures, photos, and text that create a visual presentation of a complex process.
- In the Classroom provides a real-life look into a classroom and is accompanied by a photo or illustration that shows how classroom practice and research impacts teaching.
- Multicultural Perspectives in Mathematics presents content-rich, culturally relevant examples of mathematics and its place in the world, such as the Mayan system of counting and the Egyptian method of adding fractions.
- Fully developed Lesson Plans model for prospective teachers how to make mathematics culturally relevant and reflective of student lives outside the classroom, while fulfilling standards-based mathematics objectives.
- Educational InSite is a multi-part visual feature focusing on a key concept or topic in the chapter, exploring it in detail or in broader context using a combination of photos and figures.