PRODUCTS_ Books, journals, and information services in all media. Subject areas include business, technology, architecture, professional culinary, psychology, education, travel, health, religion, consumer reference, pets, and general interest.
CUSTOMERS_ Professionals, consumers, and students worldwide.
DISTRIBUTION_ Multiple channels globally, including major chains and online booksellers, independent bookstores, libraries, colleges and universities, warehouse clubs, corporations, direct marketing, and Web sites.
BRANDS/FRANCHISES_ For Dummies, Jossey-Bass, Frommer's, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, CliffsNotes, Webster's New World, Visual, Howell Book House, J.K. Lasser, Unofficial Guide, Pfeiffer, Wrox, Architectural Graphic Standards, Capstone, Wrightbooks, Audel, Sybex, Whurr.
- Enhance core publishing categories through organic growth and acquisition.
- Maintain and expand strategic alliances and franchise products.
- Develop and grow industry-leading brands.
- Manage key accounts globally to increase sales.
- Leverage the Internet for sales and marketing gains.
- Expand electronic publishing activities, prioritizing key franchises, alliances, and brands.
- Accelerate growth through cross-business collaboration.