Educational materials in all media for two- and four-year colleges and universities, for-profit career colleges, and advanced placement classes, as well as for secondary schools in Australia.
Undergraduate, graduate, and advanced placement students, educators, and lifelong learners worldwide, and secondary school students in Australia.
Multiple channels including college bookstores, online booksellers, and direct sales to customers.
Australia, Canada, India, U.K., and U.S.
Wiley, Wiley/Jossey-Bass, WileyPLUS, Wiley Desktop Editions, Wiley Visualizing, Wiley Pathways, Business Extra Select, Wiley/MOAC, Jacaranda.
- Strengthen market position in the sciences, engineering, mathematics, accounting, business, psychology, education, and modern languages.
- Develop and promote products, services, tools, and business models that deliver value to our customers and influence Wiley brand loyalty.
- Expand market penetration and reach of WileyPLUS internationally.
- Offer products in a variety of formats, both print and electronic, to appeal to different customers.
- Leverage partnerships for expansion into new markets.
- Expand custom publishing business.
- Increase sales of Higher Education products into non-traditional college channels, including career colleges, advanced placement classes, and continuing education.
- Grow Higher Education worldwide through adaptations, translations, and indigenous publishing.
- Generate savings and drive productivity improvements by expanding off-shoring and outsourcing of various content-management, manufacturing, and shared support services.
Fiscal 2007 Highlights
- Increased global Higher Education revenue 6% to $215 million. Strong sales in accounting and social sciences, and of Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) titles, contributed to the results.
- Lowered costs through off-shore composition, improved vendor terms, and electronic product delivery.
- WileyPLUS sales doubled, with digital-only sales accounting for 20% of the total.
- WileyPLUS is being used in 13 nations around the globe, gaining ground across Asia, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, U.K., and U.S.
- WileyPLUS Assignment Editions were launched in Australia and New Zealand.
- Attendance at Guest Lectures sponsored by the Wiley Faculty Network, a peer-to-peer resource to help instructors use Wiley technology products effectively, increased 50%.
- Launched the innovative Wiley Visualizing series of textbooks, developed in partnership with the National Geographic Society, to positive market response.
- Signed an agreement with Microsoft, Inc., becoming its official academic publishing partner worldwide, allowing Wiley to establish a significant global position in the technology certification market.
- Formed partnerships with the CFA Institute, to publish finance titles; the George Lucas Educational Foundation to co-produce a series of six textbooks employing project-based learning; and with Symbian to create a new program for accredited institutions.