Educational materials in all media for two- and four-year colleges and universities, for-profit career colleges, and advanced placement classes, as well as for secondary schools in Australia.
Undergraduate, graduate, and advanced placement students, educators, and lifelong learners worldwide, and secondary school students in Australia.
Multiple channels including college bookstores, online booksellers, and direct sales to customers.
Wiley, Wiley/Jossey-Bass, WileyPLUS, CATALYST, WileyFLEX, Wiley Desktop Editions, Wiley Visualizing, Wiley Pathways, Business Extra Select, Wiley/MOAC, Jacaranda.
Australia, Canada, India, U.K., and U.S.
- Grow market positions in all disciplines.
- Develop and promote products, services, tools, and business models that deliver value to our customers and promote Wiley brand loyalty.
- Expand market penetration and reach of WileyPLUS globally.
- Offer products in a variety of formats, both print and electronic, to provide customers with choices.
- Leverage partnerships for expansion into new markets.
- Expand custom publishing business.
- Increase sales of Higher Education products into non-traditional college channels, including career colleges, advanced placement classes, and continuing education.
- Grow Higher Education worldwide through adaptations, translations, and indigenous publishing.
- Tap opportunities in growth markets in Asia and the Middle East.
- Generate savings and drive productivity improvements by expanding off-shoring and outsourcing of manufacturing and shared support services.
Fiscal 2008 Highlights
- Increased global Higher Education revenue 5% to $227 million. Strong sales in accounting, the sciences, and content licensing, and of Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) titles, contributed to the results.
- Continued to lower costs through off-shore composition, improved vendor terms, and electronic product delivery.
- Increased overall WileyPLUS revenue by 35%, and WileyPLUS e-commerce revenue by 80%; the number of WileyPLUS users exceeded 500,000.
- Overall activity of the Wiley Faculty Network (WFN), a peer-to-peer resource to help instructors use Wiley technology products effectively, grew by 62%; nearly twice the number of faculty members registered for WFN Virtual Guest Lectures as in prior year.
- Signed publishing agreement for online courses with Gatlin Education Services (GES), world’s largest provider of online workforce development programs.
- Partnered with Scholastic to create Wiley/Scholastic Library of Children’s Books for adopters of the Wiley textbook Flint/Literate Lives: Teaching Reading and Writing in the Elementary Classroom.
- Joined with five other publishers to create CourseSmart, an online ecommerce portal used to sell products and distribute complimentary copies of textbooks to professors electronically.