John Wiley & Sons, Inc., aspires to be a valued and respected provider of products and services that make important contributions to advances in knowledge and understanding, a role that is essential to progress in a healthy and prosperous society. While fulfilling this role, we strive to build lasting, collaborative relationships with all of our stakeholders. We are dedicated to sustaining Wiley’s performance-driven culture, which requires our unwavering commitment to the highest standard of ethical behavior and integrity in everything we do.
Wiley provides must-have content and services to professionals, scientists, educators, students, lifelong learners, and consumers worldwide. Wiley is dedicated to serving our customers’ needs, while generating attractive intellectual and financial rewards for all of our stakeholders — authors, colleagues, partners, and stockholders.
Founded in 1807, during the presidency of Thomas Jefferson, Wiley has evolved into one of the world’s most respected publishing companies. We strongly believe in the enduring value of collaborative relationships, built on a solid foundation of trust and integrity. We strive to be the very best at all that we do, which strengthens our competitive position and results in consistently strong performance.
Wiley’s strength is based on the efforts and accomplishments of a diverse group of people who are distinguished by their integrity, creativity, talent, initiative, and dedication.
- We are responsible to our customers, who rely on the quality of our products and services to meet their needs. Service must be prompt and efficient and prices should be reasonable.
- We are responsible to our authors and partners, who collaborate with us to create high-quality products and services, and who deserve appropriate recognition and compensation for their efforts.
- We are responsible to our colleagues, whom we respect as human beings first, professionals second. We must provide a reasonable sense of security, pleasant and safe working conditions, fair compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for professional growth.
- We are responsible to our shareholders, who should realize a fair return on their investments. Investors can rely on a highly capable leadership team and an independent Board of Directors distinguished by their commitment to effective governance, ethical behavior, and integrity in all that we do.
- We are responsible to the communities in which we work. These communities should benefit from our good citizenship, including our support of educational and cultural organizations.
GOALS AND STRATEGIES
Wiley has achieved superior results and continues to grow by focusing on three overarching goals:
- Building long-term relationships with our customers
- Increasing profitability, cash flow, and return on investment
- Enhancing Wiley’s position as the place to be for all of our stakeholders.
We are realizing these goals through the following strategies:
- Exploiting our global positions and brands by collaborating across our organization and constantly striving to improve the quality of our products and services around the world
- Capitalizing on the connections among our core businesses—Professional/Trade; Scientific, Technical, Medical, and Scholarly, also known as Wiley-Blackwell; and Higher Education—to better serve customers and drive growth
- Pursuing partnerships and alliances with highly regarded organizations to add content, services, and capabilities to our portfolio
- Building on our successful track record with acquisitions by consummating transactions that are strategic and financially responsible, and executing our integration plans effectively by adhering to a best practices approach
- Leveraging our investments in technology to create value for our customers, facilitate communication with our stake holders, and increase productivity throughout the Company.