John Wiley & Sons, Inc., aspires to be a valued and respected provider of products and services that make important contributions to advances in knowledge and understanding around the world, a role that is essential to progress in a healthy and prosperous society. While fulfilling this role, we strive to build lasting, collaborative relationships with all our stakeholders. We are dedicated to sustaining Wiley’s performance-driven culture, which requires our unwavering commitment to the highest standard of ethical behavior and integrity in everything we do.
Wiley’s mission is to be a global information and education company providing content and services to professionals, researchers, educators, students, lifelong learners, and consumers worldwide. Wiley is dedicated to serving our customers’ needs while generating attractive intellectual and financial rewards for all our stakeholders — authors, customers, clients, colleagues, and shareholders.
Founded in 1807, during the presidency of Thomas Jefferson, Wiley has evolved into one of the world’s most respected publishing companies. We strongly believe in the enduring value of collaborative relationships, built on a solid foundation of trust and integrity. We strive to be the very best at all that we do, which strengthens our competitive position and results in consistently strong performance.
Wiley’s strength is based on the efforts and accomplishments of a diverse group of people who are distinguished by their integrity, creativity, talent, initiative, and dedication.
- We are responsible to our customers, who rely on the quality of our products and services to meet their needs. Service must be prompt and efficient, and prices should be reasonable.
- We are responsible to our authors and partners, who collaborate with us to create high-quality products and services, and who deserve appropriate recognition and compensation for their efforts.
- We are responsible to our colleagues, whom we respect as human beings first, professionals second. We must provide a reasonable sense of security, pleasant and safe working conditions, fair compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for professional growth.
- We are responsible to our shareholders, who should realize a fair return on their investments. Investors can rely on a highly capable leadership team and an independent Board of Directors distinguished by their commitment to effective governance, ethical behavior, and integrity in all that we do.
- We are responsible to the communities in which we work. These communities should benefit from our good citizenship, including our support of educational and cultural organizations.
Goals and Strategies
Wiley’s goal is to become the most successful company in the markets in which we compete. Successful means:
- revenue growth that results in market share gains;
- strong profitability, cash flow, and return on investment;
- innovation that serves the needs of our customers;
- an attractive place to work that supports our performance-driven culture.
Achieving this will require:
- becoming a more global, externally focused company that provides outstanding customer experiences with our products and services;
- providing more access to more content than ever in pursuit of our vision of All Wiley, All the Time, Anywhere;
- enhancing existing capabilities and developing new ones internally or through acquisition;
- optimizing our investments in enabling technology and accelerating our migration from print to digital business models;
- ensuring a competitive cost base and an efficient product and business development process;
- building on our culture of collaboration and our ability to foster long-term partnerships to deliver value to authors, customers, clients, colleagues, and shareholders.