Essential Windows® CE Application Programming
The indispensable guide to writing clean CE applications, including
real-world tips, techniques, and workarounds.
Windows CE operating system is quickly finding its way into a wide
variety of information appliances like Handheld and Palm-size PCs,
television set top boxes, smart telephones, and electronic books.
Robert Burdick gives you a thorough tutorial for programming the
essential features of Windows CE. Using a complete sample
application, each chapter provides comprehensive coverage of the
programming techniques required to take advantage of a specific
Windows CE feature. As Windows CE continues to evolve into the
industry standard for information appliances and mobile computing
platforms, Essential Windows CE Application Programming will prove
to be your most valuable programming resource.
Inside you will find:
- A look behind the curtain at the architecture of the Windows CE operating system.
- Programming building blocks like Windows CE controls and dialog boxes.
- In-depth insight into the desktop connectivity features of Windows CE.
- Complete coverage of Windows CE persistent storage programming.
- Custom user-interface programming.
- Lessons for programming Windows CE at the API level.
- Extensive samples of Windows CE application code.
On the CD-ROM you'll find:
- Source code for all sample programs in the book.
ROBERT BURDICK has been working in the computer industry for ten years and has worked with Windows CE for the past two years. His experiences include codeveloping the user-interface components of the Windows CE operating system and writing software for Philips Mobile Computing Group and Vadem Corporation.
Table of Contents
- WINDOWS CE APPLICATION PROGRAMMING FUNDAMENTALS.
Getting Started with Windows CE.
A Windows CE Application Template.
Controls and Dialog Boxes.
Menus and the Windows CE Command Bar.
Windows CE Common Controls.
WINDOWS CE PERSISTENT STORAGE.
Working with the Windows CE File System.
Windows CE Databases.
Using the Windows CE Registry.
WINDOWS CE USER INTERFACE PROGRAMMING.
Owner Draw Controls and Custom Windows Classes.
The Windows CE Custom Draw Service.
Designing Windows CE Custom Controls.
The HTML Viewer Control.
Palm-size PC Input Techniques.
DESKTOP CONNECTIVITY AND MEMORY ISSUES.
Windows CE Data Synchronization.
Other Desktop Connectivity Topics.
Memory and Power Management.
Copyright © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Wiley Computer Books
This title is out of print. Go here to see the product page on
More Books About: