Chaos in Electric Drive Systems: Analysis, Control and Application
First book with systematic theories, practical experiments and industrial applications of chaos in electric drive systems
In Chaos in Electric Drive Systems: Analysis, Control and Application authors Chau and Wang systematically introduce an emerging technology of electrical engineering that bridges abstract chaos theory and practical electric drives. The authors consolidate all important information in this interdisciplinary technology, including the fundamental concepts, mathematical modeling, theoretical analysis, computer simulation, and hardware implementation. The book provides comprehensive coverage of chaos in electric drive systems with three main parts: analysis, control and application. Corresponding drive systems range from the simplest to the latest types: DC, induction, synchronous reluctance, switched reluctance, and permanent magnet brushless drives.
- The first book to comprehensively treat chaos in electric drive systems
- Reviews chaos in various electrical engineering technologies and drive systems
- Presents innovative approaches to stabilize and stimulate chaos in typical drives
- Discusses practical application of chaos stabilization, chaotic modulation and chaotic motion
- Authored by well-known scientists in the field
- Lecture materials available from the book's companion website
This book is ideal for researchers and graduate students who specialize in electric drives, mechatronics, and electric machinery, as well as those enrolled in classes covering advanced topics in electric drives and control. Engineers and product designers in industrial electronics, consumer electronics, electric appliances and electric vehicles will also find this book helpful in applying these emerging techniques.