- Lecture Notes: The Social Basis of Medicine, Andrew Russell's core Wiley-Blackwell textbook for undergraduates, received the Student Textbook Award from the British Medical Association's Medical Book Awards. Several other Wiley-Blackwell books were Highly Commended in various categories.
- The Special Readership section of the U.K. Medical Journalists Association Open Book Awards included two Wiley-Blackwell winners. Recovery in Mental Health: Reshaping Scientific and Clinical Responsibilities, by Michaela Amering and Margit Schmolke, was awarded first prize. Third prize went to Selfhood, Identity, and Personality Styles, by Giampiero Arciero and Guido Bondolfi.
- Two controlled-circulation newsmagazines produced by Wiley-Blackwell's Custom Ventures group received awards for editorial excellence. The Rheumatologist was awarded a bronze American Society of Healthcare Publication Editors award for its "Rheuminations" column, and Pharmaceutical Formulation & Quality received a silver Eddie Award from Folio magazine in the Science/Single Article category for B2B publications for its cover article "Path to Biosimilars Unclear."
- The Capstone series The Unauthorized Guide to Doing Business was the winner of a British Book Design and Production Award in the Brand/Series Identity category. Organized by the British Print Industry Federation, the awards celebrate the best of British book design and publishing; 432 titles were nominated this year.
- Frommer's 500 Places Where You Can Make a Difference, by Andrew Mersmann, won the gold medal (Guidebook category) in the Lowell Thomas Travel Journalism Awards. Frommer's Hawaii Day by Day, by Jeanette Foster, took home the bronze.
- Singled out for the quality of its writing, photography, format, and overall feel, Frommer's Marrakech Day by Day was named Travel Guide Book of the Year at the U.K. Travel Press Awards in London.
- StudyON, the online study, revision, and practice tool created by Jacaranda, Wiley Australia's secondary schools business, won the Australian Publishing Association award for the best Secondary Educational Website. The award recognizes the groundbreaking nature of StudyON (www.studyon.com.au) and its tremendous impact.
- JacarandaPLUS (www.jacplus.com.au), the home of Jacaranda's digital resources for teachers and students, won the Gold Award of Excellence (Interactive – Education) in the 16th Annual Communicator Awards. The Australian awards honor the best in advertising, corporate communications, public relations, and identity work for print, video, interactive, and audio.