Roles and Responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 107
January 2010, Jossey-Bass
This is the 107th issue of the quarterly journal New Directions for Higher Education.
2. How to Develop and Effective Budget Process (Kent John Chabotar).
3. The Thankless Task of Cost Containment (William S. Reed).
4. Financial Planning for Information Technology: Conventional Approaches Need Not Apply (Ellen F. Falduto).
5. Investment Policies for College and University Endowments (William T. Spitz).
6. Using the Budget as an Effective Management Tool (Ronald E. Salluzzo).
7. Campus Master Planning and Capital Budgeting (J. Kent Caruthers & Daniel T. Layzell).
8. Identifying and Managing Risk (Janice M. Abraham).
9. Financing Participation in Consortia (Mary Jo Maydew).
10. Higher Education Funding Formulas (Mary P. McKeown-Moak).
11. The Chief Financial Officer and Government Relations (William F. Lasher, et al.).
12. Using Peer Institutions in Financial and Budgetary Analyses (Thomas Anderes).