Leading Culture Change in Global Organizations: Aligning Culture and Strategy
June 2012, Jossey-Bass
Filled with case studies from firms such as GT Automotive, GE Healthcare China, Vale, Dominos, Swiss Re Americas Division, and Polar Bank, among others, this book (written by Dan Denison and his co-authors) combines twenty years of research and survey results to illustrate a critical set of cultural dynamics that firms need to manage in order to remain competitive. Each chapter uses a case as a means to illustrate an important aspect of culture change focusing on seven common culture-change dilemmas including creating a strategic alignment, keeping strategy simple, and more.
Foreword by Edgar H. Schein ix
1. Building a High-Performance Business Culture 1
2. Supporting the Front Line 25
3. Creating Strategic Alignment 49
4. Creating One Culture Out of Many 71
5. Exporting Culture Change 91
6. Building a Global Business in an Emerging Market 113
7. Building a Global Business from an Emerging Market 133
8. Building for the Future: Trading Old Habits for New 153
Appendix: Denison Organizational Culture Survey: Overview and Resource Guide 173
The Authors 209
Robert Hooijberg is professor of organizational behavior at IMD. His areas of special interest are leadership and 360-degree feedback, negotiations, team building, and organizational culture.
Nancy Lane is a research associate at IMD who collaborates with Robert Hooijberg.
Colleen Lief is project manager of the IMD-Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch Family Business Research Center.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Leading Culture Change in Global Organizations: Aligning Culture and Strategy (US $34.95)
Total List Price: US $64.90
Discounted Price: US $48.67 (Save: US $16.23)