Educause Leadership Strategies, Volume 6, Technology Everywhere: A Campus Agenda for Educating and Managing Workers in the Digital Age
April 2002, Jossey-Bass
Part One: The Context.
1. The Supply of IT Workers in the United States (William Aspray, Peter A. Freeman).
2. Information Technology Jobs and Skill Standards (Neil Evans).
3. IT Fluency: What Is It, and Why Do We Need It? (Herbert S. Lin).
Part Two: Campus Challenges and Solutions.
4. Campus Human Resource Leadership:A Mandate for Change (Lauren A. Turner, Susan Perry).
5. Recruiting, Retaining, and ReskillingCampus IT ProfessionalsAllison F. Dolan).
6. Technology Across the Curriculum:Information Literacy and IT Fluency (Anne Scrivener Agee, John G. Zenelis).
7. Economic Development Partnershipsto Close the Gap (Annie Hunt Burriss, William H. Wallace, Jr.).
8. Leadership Challenges for theCampus and the Profession (Brian L. Hawkins, Deanna B. Marcum).
Brian L. Hawkins is president of EDUCAUSE.
Julia A. Rudy is director of product development at EDUCAUSE.
William H. Wallace, Jr., is associate vice chancellor for human resources for the University System of Georgia.
--Martin Ringle, chief technology officer, Reed College
"This book is a valuable tool for IT professionals in
understanding the current and future pressures of finding staff to
provide the services required, as well as for campus leaders in
building an articulated vision of the role each institution can
play in addressing these needs at a national level."
--Margaret F. Plympton, vice president for finance and administration, Lehigh University
"At long last someone closes in on the critical crossroads
between the human resource offices charged with finding,
recruiting, employing, and retaining IT workers on the one hand
and, on the other, the colleges and universities seeking to
attract, enroll, prepare, and graduate IT learners. For too long
these two worlds seemed to live in parallel but distant universes
without communicating very effectively with one another. The
chapters in this solid work give hope that convergence might yet be
had-indeed, might well be near to hand. It's about time."
--Richard A. Skinner, president and CEO, Georgia GLOBE, and chair, 1997 Task Force on Improving the Responsiveness Between Industry and Higher Education, Information Technology Association of America
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Educause Leadership Strategies, Volume 6, Technology Everywhere: A Campus Agenda for Educating and Managing Workers in the Digital Age (US $32.00)
Total List Price: US $64.00
Discounted Price: US $48.00 (Save: US $16.00)