Fostering Student Success in the Campus Community
November 2007, Jossey-Bass
PART I: Communicating Expectations.
1. Knowing Today’s and Tomorrow’s Students (Vasti Torres).
2. Creating a Student-Centered Culture (Jillian Kinzie and George D. Kuh).
3. Aligning Expectations: A Shared Responsibility (Thomas E. Miller and Saul Reyes).
4. Changing Student Services Through Assessment (John H. Schuh).
5. Promoting and Sustaining Change (Earl H. Potter III).
PART II: Connecting Services.
6. Putting Students First in College Admissions and Enrollment Management (Don Hossler).
7. Connecting One-Stop Student Services (Louise M. Lonabocker and J. James Wager).
8. Learning Technologies that Serve Students (Peter B. DeBlois and Diana G. Oblinger).
9. Giving Advice that Makes a Difference (Wesley R. Habley and Jennifer L. Bloom).
10. Planning Good Academic and Career Decisions (Emily E. Bullock, Robert C. Reardon, and Janet G. Lenz).
PART III: Fostering Student Development.
11. Learning Partnerships (Terry D. Piper and Rebecca A. Mills).
12. Developing Students’ Search for Meaning and Purpose (Lois Calian Trautvetter).
13. Organizing Student Services for Learning (Dave Porter, Joe Bagnoli, Janice Burdette Blythe, Donald Hudson, and Deanna Sergel).
14. Preparing Service Providers to Foster Student Success (Tom Brown and Lee Ward).
15. Engaging Faculty to Foster Student Development (Faye Vowell).
PART IV: Achieving Success.
16. Intervening to Retain Students (Wesley R. Habley and John H. Schuh).
17. Achieving Student Success in the First Year of College (Randy L. Swing and Tracy L. Skipper).
18. Achieving Student Success in Two-Year Colleges (Margaret C. King and Rusty N. Fox).
19. Putting Students First in the Campus Community (Gary L. Kramer (with Thomas J. Grites, Eric R. White, Michael A. Haynes, Virginia N. Gordon, Michael McCauley,Wesley R. Habley, and Margaret C. King).
20. Fostering Student Success: What Really Matters? (Gary L. Kramer).
Gary L. Kramer is professor of counseling psychology and special education and research faculty for the Center for the Improvement of Teacher Education and Schooling in the David O. McKay School of Education at Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
—Heather T. Rowan-Kenyon. ACPA Journal of College Student Development
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Fostering Student Success in the Campus Community (US $55.00)
Total List Price: US $100.00
Discounted Price: US $75.00 (Save: US $25.00)