DescriptionEntrepreneurship, Canadian Edition combines the concepts and theories of entrepreneurship with practical instruction and a range of real-life examples and cases. The concepts cover what aspiring entrepreneurs need to know to start and grow their businesses while the examples and cases tell the stories of real entrepreneurs. The text covers all stages of the entrepreneurial process from searching for an opportunity to shaping it into a commercially attractive product or service, launching the new venture, and building it into a viable business. Canadian author and successful entrepreneur, Dr. Sean Wise of Ryerson University, is highly regarded in the industry and believes that students can learn from top entrepreneurs in Canada, as well as the U.S. and globally. Dr. Wise is the host of The Naked Entrepreneur Show, a web based series devoted to the topic that features interviews with entrepreneurs and those involved in entrepreneurship. Clips from the show are mapped to concepts in the text, making the text more engaging, relevant, and current.
Chapter 1 The Power of Entrepreneurship
Chapter 2 The Entrepreneurial Process
Chapter 3 Opportunity Recognition, Shaping, and Reshaping
Chapter 4 Understanding Your Business Model and Developing Your Strategy
Chapter 5 Entrepreneurial Marketing
Chapter 6 Selling in an Entrepreneurial Context
Chapter 7 Building the Founding Team
Chapter 8 The Business Planning Process
Chapter 9 Building Your Pro-Forma Financial Statements
Chapter 10 Financing Entrepreneurial Ventures Worldwide
Chapter 11 Raising Money for Starting and Growing Businesses
Chapter 12 Debt and Other Forms of Financing
Chapter 13 Legal and Tax Issues, Including Intellectual Property
Chapter 14 Entrepreneurial Growth
Chapter 15 Social Entrepreneurship
- Balance of Concepts and Cases: The text presents concepts underlying how businesses are born, grow and succeed or fail, along with a variety of global real-life cases to illustrate these concepts.
- Learning outcomes in each chapter help students focus on the content.
- Video Clips from The Naked Entrepreneur Show are provided for relevant chapter topics and can be linked to directly from the ebook.
- End of Chapter Cases: Each chapter is accompanied by a case study of entrepreneurs in action, featuring many Canadian entrepreneurs.
- There are many areas of the text that have been updated to reflect Canadian business, including the chapter on legal and tax issues and intellectual property. Additionally, unique to this edition is the chapter Selling in an Entrepreneurial Context.
- Weekly Update news site of videos and cases to spark classroom debate around current events that applies to the course.
- Opportunity Journal: Students can reflect on the lessons learned and think about how to apply the lessons to their future careers.
- Business Simulations: Suite of business, entrepreneurial and ethics simulations are available to further engage the students.
- LivePlan and Business Plan Pro, the best-selling business plan development programs are available with Entrepreneurship in value-priced packages to give students access to the leading resources to develop their business plans
- Social Entrepreneurship Coverage: Chapter 15 on Social Entrepreneurship presents the latest examples and most relevant businesses to explore this growing field.