Gross Motor Function Measure (GMFM-66 and GMFM-88) User's Manual, 2nd Edition
The Gross Motor Function Measure (GMFM) has become the best evaluative measure of motor function designed for quantifying change in the gross motor abilities of children with cerebral palsy. The new version of the scoring programme has now been released, and includes two abbreviated methods of estimating GMFM-66 scores using the GMFM-66-Item sets and the GMFM-66-Basal & Ceiling.
The measure is very widely used internationally, and is now the standard outcome assessment tool. This new edition builds on the wide success of the first edition and:
- Is now based on an updated version of the GMFM scoring program (GMAE-2)
- Includes an update on the psychometric properties of the GMFM-88 and GMFM-66
- Covers development and validation of two abbreviated methods of estimating GMFM-66 scores using the GMFM-66 Item sets (GMFM-66-IS) and the GMFM-66-B&C (Basal and Ceiling)
- Includes a new longitudinal case illustration of the development, application and interpretation of the measure
- Presents a forward look to an upward extension of the GMFM to assess skill development in highly functional young people with cerebral palsy
- Presents a forward look to Quality Function Measure to quantify changes in quality of gross motor function
- Physical Therapists and other health professionals working with children, youth and adults with cerebral palsy
- Clinical and health services researchers as an outcome measure to assess the impact of numerous interventions that are proposed as methods of enhancing gross motor function in this population
- Any clinician who is assessing and describing current gross motor function and evaluating its change over time
- It serves the needs of clinical and health services researchers as an outcome measure to assess the impact of any of a host of interventions that are proposed as methods of enhancing gross motor function in this population.
1. Overview of the Gross Motor Function Measure (GMFM)
2. Conceptual Background
3. Development and Validation of the GMFM-88
4. Development and Validation of the GMFM-66
5. GMFM-66: Two Short Forms of Administration
6. Administration and Scoring Guidelines for the GMFM-88 and GMFM-66
7. Interpretation and Uses of the GMFM-88 and GMFM-66
8. Applications of the GMFM: What Have We Learned and Where Can We Go Next?